Plan a Classic New England Honeymoon in Concord, MA
May 10, 2020 8:01 amComments Off on Plan a Classic New England Honeymoon in Concord, MA
As we rapidly approach yet another heartwarming wedding season here at Concord’s Colonial Inn, it’s impossible not to think about all of those soon-to-be brides and grooms embarking on a long-awaited honeymoon to New England’s most sophisticated destinations. Most New England honeymoon destinations have three things in common: historical significance, fine culinary arts, and plentiful natural beauty. Approximately 20 miles northwest of lively Boston lies the peaceful, undeniably breathtaking town of Concord, known for its famous poets, Revolutionary War battlefields, and some of the oldest inns in the country. Couples return again and again to stroll back in time to a simpler period, where the architecture, wilderness, and attractions meld into an utterly romantic package worthy of a classic New England honeymoon.
10 Date Ideas for Your New England Honeymoon
While it won’t be easy to pry yourselves from this 1716 Concord hotel, there are several playful, passionate ways to explore this historical slice of Massachusetts. Concord’s Colonial Inn itself, which often ranks among the most romantic hotels near Boston, flawlessly plays the role of gracious host to honeymooners of all ages. To ensure that your meticulously crafted New England honeymoon is nothing short of flawless, we’ve compiled 10 distinct date ideas that are sure to whisk you away to a finer time.
- Paddle through the city’s tri-river system: Assabet, Concord, and Sudbury Rivers.
- Walk atop the Old North Bridge inside Minute Man National Historical Park.
- Savor an array of fine, classic New England cuisines at Liberty, the finest restaurant in town. Delicacies include crab-stuffed scrod, Faroe Island salmon, and the famous lobster roll.
- Plan a picnic at Verrill Farm or Thoreau Farm.
- Embark on a self-guided history tour, with stops at the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery, Ralph Waldo Emerson House, and Concord Museum.
- Capture an array of memories (or Instagram pics) at the deCordova Sculpture Park.
- Shop ‘til you drop in downtown Concord.
- Zig and zag through the area’s many picturesque neighborhoods on a Minuteman Bike.
- Paint and sip at nearby Pinot’s Palette in Lexington.
- Catch a live show at The Cannon Theatre or The Concord Players. NOTE: Many upcoming theatrical performances have been postponed due to COVID-19. Please check their websites for up-to-date schedules.
Stay inside a Quintessential Massachusetts Hotel
Not to be overlooked, Concord’s Colonial Inn boasts an eclectic mix of guest rooms inside our historic respite. Each suite is true to the original 1716 glory, including minimalistic modernity, handcrafted bed frames, muted colors, wainscoting, and original wide plank pine floors. If you’re planning a honeymoon near Boston, an extended stay in Concord is an absolute must. You won’t find a better combination of historical significance, gourmet cuisine, and natural beauty in the region. Please be well. Take care of yourself and your loved ones. We’ll see you very soon!