15 Romantic Fall Activities in Massachusetts
August 21, 2020 3:14 pmComments Off on 15 Romantic Fall Activities in Massachusetts
Autumn’s arrival draws near here in Concord, Massachusetts, the most beloved romantic getaway near Boston. Concord is, of course, best known for its historical significance, dazzling old-world architecture, live theater, and downtown shopping. However, the region is equally beautiful, thanks to an array of tranquil water sources, semi-dense forestry, and rolling countryside. Every autumn, the ancient trees that tower above the streets, farmsteads, and inns transform into a colorful meld of amber, marigold, crimson, and kelly. And self-proclaimed “leaf-peepers” flock to Concord’s Colonial Inn to partake in a wide variety of fall activities in Massachusetts’s prized hidden gem.
Fall Activities in Massachusetts: Fruit, Foliage, and Fun
Honeymooners, autumnophiles, and practiced couples alike cannot resist the sheer beauty of Middlesex County, especially when combined with an extended stay at historical Concord’s Colonial Inn, established in 1716. As you might expect, several of these 15 playful, passionate fall activities in Massachusetts’s colorful countryside do require a wee bit of motorized navigation. However, the majority of these pursuits are within 10 minutes of our head-turning inn.
- Go apple picking at Harvard’s Doe Orchards.
- Hop aboard a hayride through the backcountry.
- Sip on a seasonal ale (perhaps an Oktoberfest lager?) at Amory’s Tomb Brewing.
- Enjoy an unhurried dusk stroll across the Old North Bridge.
- Picnic beside serene Walden Pond (as pictured).
- Hike the approachable 4.6-mile Battle Road Trail.
- Cycle through the crisp, autumn air via the Minuteman Bike Share.
- Take a step back in time with a historical tour through Concord, including stops at The Home of Ralph Waldo Emerson, Thoreau Farm, and Louisa May Alcott’s Orchard House.
- Pick the perfect pumpkin at Verrill Farm.
- Get lost in one of Honey Pot Hill’s three corn mazes.
- Embark on a long drive through Walden Pond State Reservation, Minute Man National Historical Park, and Drumlin Farm.
- Snap autumnal photography inside deCordova Sculpture Park.
- Stroll through Sleepy Hollow Cemetary—’tis the season!
- Eat way too many cider doughnuts.
- Savor a pumpkin-spiced latte at Haute Coffee.
Romantic Getaways in Massachusetts
Hopefully, these quintessential fall activities in Massachusetts add a little extra spice to your upcoming stay at Concord’s Colonial Inn. We’re located in the heart of the city within walking distance of the Concord Museum, Alcott’s Orchard House, Old North Bridge, Sleepy Hollow Cemetary, and a bevy of shops and restaurants. On-site amenities and luxuries include fine dining, salon services, Jacuzzi tubs, private decks, and kitchenettes. To learn more about a potential Massachusetts-style fall foliage getaway, please give us a call today at 978-369-9200. We’re more than happy to provide expert advice on the area’s most romantic pursuits!